Found a great job? The first step is to get the business executive interested by highlighting your best qualities. We have prepared a guide for you on how to write a summary, which will at least lead you to an interview and, at the most, help you get your dream job!
How to write a good business executive summary?
It is important to describe in as much detail as possible what your responsibilities were and what heights you have reached. It is not necessary to use complex structures. Describe in your own words what you did, what you did, what you implemented and did in your previous job. Do not forget about your achievements!
Professional skills should be as closely related to the intended position as possible, characterize you as a manager. Your resume should show the best sides of you. For instance, your professional skills, which are:
- strategic planning;
- development and development of key customers of the company;
- search, attraction, and development of relationships with new customers;
- promotion of the company’s services and products in terms of the implementation of business applications and consulting to key customers;
- development and implementation of a strategy for working with a client;
- collecting information about the client, establishing relationships with the heads of the client’s departments;
- creation and management of customer service teams;
- drawing up sales plans for projects, monitoring activities related to the client;
- participation in the planning of marketing goals and events;
- management of existing products and services;
- development and management of partnerships.
On average, it takes 5-10 seconds to view one resume. A little, right? That is why it is so important to make a positive impression right away. A resume is self-promotion that should present you with your best side and “sell” to the employer. Therefore, your task is to make all the points of the resume “catch”.
An example of summary
The experience of a leader is a history of success and achievements. Design your resume in such a way as to emphasize your professional level and career growth. Experts have developed guidelines for job seekers applying for the positions of CEO, department director, branch manager, or department head.
Show your development through the description of responsibilities: how the area of responsibility changed, the tasks became more complicated. Decide on your specialization – do you masterfully manage sales, purchases, personnel, processes, finance? Of course, you should be able to do everything, but at each place of work, focus on the main functionality. This is one of the metrics that recruiters look for when looking for leaders.
If the resume is sent to a specific vacancy, the name or code of this vacancy is written instead of the goal. If you have several different goals, you can make two or three resume options. It is better to make several resumes focused on different aspects than one general one. The most important information for your potential employer about your professional skills, strengths, and achievements is briefly indicated.